UU Movie Group Our next movie group outing will be on Tuesday, April 18 at 7:00 pm. The movie will be determined one week in advance and an email will be sent out on Thursday, April 13. Contact Helen Stanhope at 801-550-2852 or if you want to be on the email list or if you have any questions.
UU Theater Group Please contact Helen Stanhope at 801-550-2852 or for questions or for ticketing information. Below is a list of scheduled activities for the group. Also, Helen will be retiring from her post after the August Shakespeare Festival. If you are interested in taking over the Theatre Group, please let her know.
- April's Play -- Hand to God at Salt Lake Acting Company. Saturday, April 29. Dinner at the Oasis at 5:00
- May's play -- Will Roger's Follies Pioneer Memorial Theater at U of U -- Tuesday, May 9 at 7:00. Dinner to be determined.
- June's play -- Saturday's Voyeur Saturday, June 24. Tickets will be purchased in early April as it sells out quickly. Cabaret style so bring your picnic dinner and wine to share to the theater. I will make a pitcher of margarita's to share.
- July's event -- Grand Teton Music Festival and camp trip -- July 13 - 16. Information will be coming soon about music performance etc.
- August plays -- Cedar City Shakespeare Festival -- August 2 - 6 -- some people come for the entire series, others come for just a long weekend. Discount hotel rooms available at the Stratford Inn. Go to bard.org for more information and contact Helen for questions.
- October plays -- Fall Cedar City Shakespeare Festival -- October 13 - 14. Again, go to bard.org for more information. Still have discounted rooms at the Stratford.
Swing Dance FUNraiser April 1st with the Stratford Street Band and the Java Jive Singers. $25 in advance. $30 at the door. Holladay City Hall (4580 S 2300 E ) 7-10 PM Dress Up and Have Fun !! Free Dance Lessons beforehand. THIS IS SOOOO MUCH FUN!!! If you have any questions,... snag a choir member - Or, feel free to call David Owens (801-390-0488), or Andy and Marcia Walker (801-891-7030, 801-835-6721)
Dinner and Dialogue Due to the amazing and generous support of so many of you, our Dinner and Dialogue events have been going very well. It seems that we are getting to know each other better! Please feel free to host a dinner (or lunch or brunch if you wish) on a date and time of your choosing in your home, or sign up to attend one. We have newcomers and old-timers alike participating, so be sure to look over the white binder at the Congregational Life Table in Eliot Hall to see what might interest you. You can contact Darlene Thayne at suppers @slcuu.org or 801-455-6553 if you need any assistance on this. Let's get acquainted!
Mindfulness Group Every Sunday, meditation is offered as a time to pause, practice calming our thoughts and setting an intention to be mindful in our daily life. Guidance for developing meditation practice is shared along with suggested websites and reading. The community supports our intention to experience the benefits of being mindfully aware so that we may cultivate and live with calm, peace and ease. All are welcome. Sundays Following the end of the first service, in the Parlor.